Fun Edition: 10 Random Facts
Alright everybody. It is time to change it up for a moment. In recovery or while talking about mental health it can be very heavy, so I wanted to do something a little bit more fun. A change of pace. Also I think it is important if I want this to be a safe place for everyone to come talk then everyone should get to know me. So here are ten random facts about me!
1. I LOVE Mexican food. We have this place in a town near us in Okemos, Michigan called Cancun Grill. We go there at least once a week! We are those people where everyone in the restaurant knows us by name. If you are ever in the area you should go give them a try! Also let us know so we can eat with you!
2. I am a huge ancestry nerd. I love studying about my family’s past. Being a Lee there is a lot of American history there, but also across the world. I am on both Ancestry.com and 23&Me. I will share some of my heritage from ancestry.com since that is the more popular site. 38 percent Great Britain, 22 percent Scandinavia, 17 percent Europe West, 14 percent Ireland/Scotland/Wales, 5 percent Iberian Peninsula, 1 Percent Europe South, 1 Percent Caucasus, under 1 Percent Finland/ Northwest Russia, and under 1 percent Middle East.
3. I recently got into photography. I mainly take photos on my iPhone 7 plus, but I will also take photos on my wife’s Canon EOS Rebel T6i DSLR . I mainly enjoy taking photos of landscape while on long nature walks. I enjoy doing different angles to gain a different perspective that you normally wouldn’t see. I will also post some for sale as stock photos on Alamy through Stockimo and Getty Images through Eyeem.
4. If you haven’t noticed already I am a big dog lover. We have two Siberian Huskies. Jack London aka Husky Pup and Sasha. Both are rescues. They are our children and they do pretty much everything with us, and they have even gone kayaking with us! All the fur is worth it!
5. I am a huge introvert. Always have been. Give me some good coffee and my laptop, and I am good to go. I am the guy who can be in a room full of people sitting on the recliner not talking to anyone, but amazingly happy people watching.
6. I grew up in a small town in Southeast Texas outside of the Houston area, and lived there for the first 21 years of my life. After moving to Michigan and living in the North you can go ahead and call me a Northerner. I love the seasons especially fall/winter. I guess that is because I was always hot, so I enjoy being cold and having a different way of life. However, I am not a yankee! You can take the man out of Texas, but you can’t take Texas out of the man!
7. I love sports. I played baseball and basketball all of my childhood. Naturally growing up in the Houston area I am a big Houston Rockets and Houston Astros fan! And yes I am a Dallas Cowboys fan. If you hate me for it I understand.
8. One of my biggest dreams is to buy an RV/Trailer and travel across the States. I think it would be an amazing adventure to visit all the parks and meeting new people all while taking amazing photos.
9. I have been to 12 different countries. 11 of them where on a humanitarian trip. I hope to increase that number! Thailand is my favorite so far. I love their culture, landscape, food, and the people most of all!
10. I have been near death twice. The latest time you already know about with my car accident, but the other time was during my humanitarian trip. In South Sudan I got cerebral malaria which put me in a coma for a few days. I was in the ICU for a few weeks and in the hospital for over a month. I had tons of issues which I will share about on a later date to spread awareness around malaria, but lets just say I am beyond thankful to be alive!
So there are some facts about me. Hope we continue to get to know each other while we go on this journey together.
What is one random fact about yourself?